The benefits of using Caldwell Penn

  • Reduce stress
  • Save time

Why should I register for VAT?

It's a UK statutory requirement

  • It is a UK statutory requirement if your company's taxable turnover is more than £85,000. This means that it is your responsibility to ensure that when you do exceed the threshold, you register for VAT.
  • You may need to add VAT to your sales invoices.
  • You can claim back any VAT on most costs to your company.
  • You can register voluntarily if your VAT taxable turnover is less than £85,000, unless everything you sell is exempt. 


How do I register for VAT?

Let Caldwell Penn do the hard work for you

  • We have a team of in-house experts with vast detailed knowledge of the latest VAT legislation who will be registering you for VAT.
  • Our team will fill out all necessary forms to ensure you are compliant with the registration process.
  • We may ask for information about the company to help us with completing the registration forms. 
  • Once registered you will receive your VAT registration certificate confirming your VAT number, when to submit your first VAT return and make your first payment and your effective date of registration.
  • VAT legislation is notoriously vast and complex, so after registering, we can also prepare your VAT returns for you leaving you with one less thing to worry about. 

Frequently asked questions

When must I register for VAT?
What does taxable mean?
How do I register for VAT?
What happens if I register late?
Can I register for VAT voluntarily?
What is included on your VAT Registration certificate?
Can I reclaim VAT on any purchases prior to registration?
When must I deregister for VAT?
What is the VAT deregistration threshold?

COPYRIGHT © 2021 CALDWELL PENN LIMITED   |   Company Reg Number: 03872209   |   ICAEW - Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales: C005061064