- Peace of mind
- Cover for unexpected costs
Why do I need fee protection insurance?
Cover for those unexpected costs
- With the ever increasing risks of full tax enquiries and investigations, it's worth considering protecting yourself from the accountancy costs of dealing with it as the amount of work involved is often substantial.
- Even if HMRC finds nothing as a result of any investigation, you will still have unexpected professional fees to pay as a result.
- HMRC has the powers to investigate tax payers at random.
How does it work?
An insurance policy exclusive to Caldwell Penn
- Our Insurance Brokers, McGowan Corporate Solutions, an independent insurance intermediary, can offer an insurance policy exclusive to the clients of Caldwell Penn which has the following features:
- £100,000 cover per claim
- To meet the costs incurred if HMRC decide to look into your tax affairs
- Costs arising from an enquiry that results in an alleged discovery by HMRC
- All forms of company status catered for, Limited Companies, Partnerships and Sole Proprietorships
- Limited Company cover extends to include the personal tax affairs of Directors
- Cover available for private individuals
- Appeals Costs extension
- Regulatory Compliance Dispute Costs following a compliance check by HMRC for:
- Social Security
- National Insurance Contributions
- Construction Industry Scheme
- Attendance and representation costs where Caldwell Penn are required to attend HMRC visits.
What are the benefits?
Peace of mind
We cannot prevent you from being investigated by the Taxman, but we can help to ensure that you get the best possible support and advice if you do without having to worry about the cost.
"I have always found everyone that I have dealt with at Caldwell Penn to be knowledgeable, friendly and responsive. I would recommend anyone looking for tax or accounting advice to seriously consider Caldwell Penn."
Tim Ward, Cityward Limited
"We have used Caldwell Penn for over 10 years. Their service is always faultless and they are a valued member of the team, enabling us to concentrate on our business with the confidence to know that the accounting function is in safe hands."
TONY BINNIE, Brockwell Group Limited
"Personally, I find everyone at the firm extremely helpful, patient and always completely professional"
Andy McStravick, McStravick Consulting Limited
"The team at Caldwell Penn take care of our accounts and payroll so that we can focus on our core business objectives. Their Bramley office is in a great out of town location with easy access and free parking. Caldwell penn didn't hesitate in assisting with a reference for our companies recent AIPP accreditation. A professional and friendly service above and beyond expectation. We wouldn't hesitate in recommending Caldwell Penn again and again!"
Elliott Ward, The Again Group Ltd
"The team at Caldwell Penn provide an indispensable service to our Club. Their advice in completing year end accounts is practical, responsive and approachable. Their audit service is always professional and supportive, giving both the Club members and Committee great benefit. We would thoroughly recommend this firm."
Godalming Naval Club
"I cannot recommend Mark and the team at Caldwell Penn highly enough. As a small business owner, what I need is great advice and high quality of work delivered when I need it, and they deliver this every time."
Jon Horton, Shorton Property LLP
"Caldwell Penn helped to set up my first business in 2010, initially as a Sole Trader, then as a Limited Company and this year advised on the structure of a second company with all the joys of VAT and payroll to contend with. Knowing that Mark and the team manage our accounts and tax allows us to do our job and grow the business. I would happily recommend their professional and friendly service to any start-up or growing business and being local is a real bonus."
Kevin Kingham, UK Lanyard Makers Ltd
"Caldwell Penn have become an essential arm of our business. They provide a very personal service and are very proactive and forward-thinking in their advice. Most importantly, they are great at chasing us for our personal tax return information!"
Lori Clarke, Propitas Building & Project Consultants Limited
"Caldwell Penn feels like a family who care about you."
"I have been hugely impressed with the team at Caldwell Penn from my very first meeting. The swiftness of responses to any queries never ceases to amaze; I have always been treated with enormous respect despite, no doubt, often asking highly ignorant questions given my very primitive understanding of tax.Their friendly help and guidance has enabled me to get my tax affairs suitably organised and I sleep more soundly at night knowing I am in safe hands, not to mention better off. I would recommend them to anyone."
Thomas Hobbs, Thomas Hobbs Tenor Ltd
Caldwell Penn accountancy services
Essential accountancy services
Personal Tax & Self Assessment
Accountancy services for growing businesses
Auto enrolment and work place pensions
Advanced accountancy services
Management accounts & information
COPYRIGHT © 2021 CALDWELL PENN LIMITED | Company Reg Number: 03872209 | ICAEW - Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales: C005061064