- On-time submissions
- Help identify business improvements
- Free up your time
Why should I prepare annual accounts?
It's a UK statutory requirement
- It is a UK statutory requirement if your business is either a limited company, LLP, charity, association or a society.
- This means that it is your responsibility to make sure that your annual accounts are accurate and submitted on time.
- HMRC can issue large fines and subsequently close down entities if annual accounts are not submitted.
- They will also be used to prepare a Corporation Tax return for HMRC and estimate the amount of Corporation Tax owed by your company.
How do I prepare annual accounts?
Let Caldwell Penn do the hard work for you
- We have a team of in-house experts with vast detailed knowledge of the latest financial reporting standards who will prepare your company’s annual accounts.
- They have experience working with a wide range of businesses and individuals, so your accounts are in good hands.
- We like to free up your time as much as possible so you can concentrate on the more important day-to-day tasks, so after an initial meeting, no face-to-face meetings are required.
- We will let you know what information we need each year and prepare everything electronically.
- Our team will electronically iXBRL tag your financial statements so that they comply with the current UK company requirements and submit your financial statements on your behalf.
What are the benefits?
We do more than just prepare annual accounts...
- Your financial statements will be compliant, submitted to HMRC on time, and hassle free, giving you the confidence that all UK regulatory requirements have been met.
- Preparing your annual accounts will give us the opportunity to identify areas where we can assist in minimising your corporation tax bill and recommend improvements to increase your business’s profitability.
- They provide a summary of company’s financial performance for each financial year giving reassurance to existing investors on how well your company is doing. They will also be required to assist securing finance for either the directors or the business.
- Accurate annual accounts may also attract potential new investors.
"I have always found everyone that I have dealt with at Caldwell Penn to be knowledgeable, friendly and responsive. I would recommend anyone looking for tax or accounting advice to seriously consider Caldwell Penn."
Tim Ward, Cityward Limited
"We have used Caldwell Penn for over 10 years. Their service is always faultless and they are a valued member of the team, enabling us to concentrate on our business with the confidence to know that the accounting function is in safe hands."
TONY BINNIE, Brockwell Group Limited
"Personally, I find everyone at the firm extremely helpful, patient and always completely professional"
Andy McStravick, McStravick Consulting Limited
"The team at Caldwell Penn take care of our accounts and payroll so that we can focus on our core business objectives. Their Bramley office is in a great out of town location with easy access and free parking. Caldwell penn didn't hesitate in assisting with a reference for our companies recent AIPP accreditation. A professional and friendly service above and beyond expectation. We wouldn't hesitate in recommending Caldwell Penn again and again!"
Elliott Ward, The Again Group Ltd
"The team at Caldwell Penn provide an indispensable service to our Club. Their advice in completing year end accounts is practical, responsive and approachable. Their audit service is always professional and supportive, giving both the Club members and Committee great benefit. We would thoroughly recommend this firm."
Godalming Naval Club
"I cannot recommend Mark and the team at Caldwell Penn highly enough. As a small business owner, what I need is great advice and high quality of work delivered when I need it, and they deliver this every time."
Jon Horton, Shorton Property LLP
"Caldwell Penn helped to set up my first business in 2010, initially as a Sole Trader, then as a Limited Company and this year advised on the structure of a second company with all the joys of VAT and payroll to contend with. Knowing that Mark and the team manage our accounts and tax allows us to do our job and grow the business. I would happily recommend their professional and friendly service to any start-up or growing business and being local is a real bonus."
Kevin Kingham, UK Lanyard Makers Ltd
"Caldwell Penn have become an essential arm of our business. They provide a very personal service and are very proactive and forward-thinking in their advice. Most importantly, they are great at chasing us for our personal tax return information!"
Lori Clarke, Propitas Building & Project Consultants Limited
"Caldwell Penn feels like a family who care about you."
"I have been hugely impressed with the team at Caldwell Penn from my very first meeting. The swiftness of responses to any queries never ceases to amaze; I have always been treated with enormous respect despite, no doubt, often asking highly ignorant questions given my very primitive understanding of tax.Their friendly help and guidance has enabled me to get my tax affairs suitably organised and I sleep more soundly at night knowing I am in safe hands, not to mention better off. I would recommend them to anyone."
Thomas Hobbs, Thomas Hobbs Tenor Ltd
Frequently asked questions
Caldwell Penn accountancy services
Essential accountancy services
Accountancy services for growing businesses
Advanced accountancy services
COPYRIGHT © 2021 CALDWELL PENN LIMITED | Company Reg Number: 03872209 | ICAEW - Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales: C005061064