- Free up your time
- Maximise business growth
- Form good financial habits
- Identify areas of weakness
Why do I need strategic support?
Become proactive rather than reactive
- Identifies your company's current position
- It gives the company a sense of direction
- Maximises operational efficiency
- Brings our technical expertise to your business
- Helps you build long-term strategic goals and make the right decisions to achieve them
- Allows you more time to do what you do best
- Takes away stress by sharing or removing your burdens
How does strategic support work?
We can add value by
- Helping you understand the value of your business – even if you do not intend to sell your business, understanding the value of it can be important for succession planning. It can also help you with goal setting if you have a growth target to aim for.
- Identifying tax savings – any savings made in taxes can be reinvested in growth activities giving an incredibly easy way to financially support growth.
- Preparing cash flow forecasts – this is a vital strategic tool, not only can we provide the forecast, we can also identify opportunities and issues, allowing you to take action quickly.
- Helping you get in good habits – by working with us regularly you will develop good financial habits which will save you time and money when you submit accounts or have an audit.
- Freeing up your time – you can trust us to deal with the financial side of your business and highlight any issues and opportunities to you at an early stage freeing up your time to work on achieving growth.
- Helping you obtain funding – if you require additional finance to fund your growth it is worth speaking to us before you speak to anyone else as we can give you the options available to you.
- Identifying financial issues – we can identify bad debts, and unprofitable products and services helping you to address financial issues that may prohibit growth quickly.
- Helping with restructuring and managing change – whether you are considering restructuring your company to be more efficient, competitive or to improve tax efficiency, we can advise on the options available for a restructure and the benefits and pitfalls of each option.
- Offering strategic guidance – by setting goals and monitoring cash flow, we can help you to test the financial impact of growth decisions.
- Supporting you through expansions and mergers – we can help you to assess the viability of an expansion or merger financially and in terms of the structure. We can even help you manage the change process to help things go smoothly.
- Offering you a dedicated Client Relationship Manager / Team to act as your strategic point of contact.
- Attending board meetings on a monthly or quarterly basis to challenge embedded thinking or act as a catalyst for change.
- Reviewing your internal control and procedures and recommending / implementing effective systems and measures.
- Developing a business growth and operational strategy.
What are the benefits?
Operational efficiency and strategic direction
- A smooth running, profitable and growing business
- Regular and real-time feedback and advice, regardless of where your business is in its life-cycle
- A better understanding of how your business is doing and a strategy to get you where you want to be
- Professionally produced business plan, strategy documents, forecasts and budgets
- Strategic decisions made and tailored as the demands of your business change
- A better night’s sleep for you!
"I have always found everyone that I have dealt with at Caldwell Penn to be knowledgeable, friendly and responsive. I would recommend anyone looking for tax or accounting advice to seriously consider Caldwell Penn."
TIM WARD, Cityward Limited
"We have used Caldwell Penn for over 10 years. Their service is always faultless and they are a valued member of the team, enabling us to concentrate on our business with the confidence to know that the accounting function is in safe hands."
TONY BINNIE, Brockwell Group Limited
"Personally, I find everyone at the firm extremely helpful, patient and always completely professional"
Andy McStravick, McStravick Consulting Limited
"The team at Caldwell Penn take care of our accounts and payroll so that we can focus on our core business objectives. Their Bramley office is in a great out of town location with easy access and free parking. Caldwell penn didn't hesitate in assisting with a reference for our companies recent AIPP accreditation. A professional and friendly service above and beyond expectation. We wouldn't hesitate in recommending Caldwell Penn again and again!"
Elliott Ward, The Again Group Ltd
"The team at Caldwell Penn provide an indispensable service to our Club.Â Their advice in completing year end accounts is practical, responsive and approachable.Â Their audit service is always professional and supportive, giving both the Club members and Committee great benefit.Â We would thoroughly recommend this firm."
Godalming Naval Club
"I cannot recommend Mark and the team at Caldwell Penn highly enough. As a small business owner, what I need is great advice and high quality of work delivered when I need it, and they deliver this every time."
Jon Horton, Shorton Property LLP
"Caldwell Penn helped to set up my first business in 2010, initially as a Sole Trader, then as a Limited Company and this year advised on the structure of a second company with all the joys of VAT and payroll to contend with.Â Knowing that Mark and the team manage our accounts and tax allows us to do our job and grow the business.Â I would happily recommend their professional and friendly service to any start-up or growing business and being local is a real bonus."
Kevin Kingham, UK Lanyard Makers Ltd
"Caldwell Penn have become an essential arm of our business. They provide a very personal service and are very proactive and forward-thinking in their advice. Most importantly, they are great at chasing us for our personal tax return information!"
Lori Clarke, Propitas Building & Project Consultants Limited
"Caldwell Penn feels like a family who care about you."
"I have been hugely impressed with the team at Caldwell Penn from my very first meeting. The swiftness of responses to any queries never ceases to amaze; I have always been treated with enormous respect despite, no doubt, often asking highly ignorant questions given my very primitive understanding of tax.Their friendly help and guidance has enabled me to get my tax affairs suitably organised and I sleep more soundly at night knowing I am in safe hands, not to mention better off. I would recommend them to anyone."
Thomas Hobbs, Thomas Hobbs Tenor Ltd
COPYRIGHT © 2020 CALDWELL PENN LIMITED | Company Reg Number: 03872209 | ICAEW - Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales: C005061064