SUMMARY OF KEY UPDATES: EXTRA GUIDANCE FOR THE CORONAVIRUS JOB RETENTION SCHEMEPublished Monday, 6th April 2020
The government has released extra guidance for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, we’ve summarised the key updates:
- Employers MUST notify employees of their furlough status in writing (the previous guidance did not require it be in writing) and keep the record of that written notification for five years.
- Employees can be furloughed multiple times, i.e. they can be furloughed, brought back to work, then re-furloughed (subject to each furlough period being at least three weeks).
- Employees CAN start a new job when on furlough (meaning they might end up earning 80% of the old salary and 100% of a new one).
- The 80% claim does not include non-monetary benefits (e.g. the value of health insurance or a car).
- Directors can be furloughed. They can still perform their statutory duties, but not other work for the company.
Please click here to read full article.
COPYRIGHT © 2020 CALDWELL PENN LIMITED | Company Reg Number: 03872209 | ICAEW - Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales: C005061064