Can I claim medical insurance expenses through my limited company?

Published Monday, 6th July 2020
Eyes 3613710 150

Yes, but generally the expenses will need to be treated as a Benefit in Kind and reported on form P11D. This means that the premiums will be subject to Income Tax and Class 1 National Insurance. There are however some exceptions:

  • Annual medical checks and health screenings
  • Eye tests
  • Glasses for a visual display unit prescription
  • Medical expenses when working abroad
  • Medical treatment or insurance related to operational risk injuries and diseases

Advice and guidance can vary on a case by case basis so if you would like to obtain further information, including an answer tailored to your specific circumstances, please do get in touch and we would be more than happy to help.

COPYRIGHT © 2021 CALDWELL PENN LIMITED   |   Company Reg Number: 03872209   |   ICAEW - Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales: C005061064

Cookie policy

We use necessary cookies to allow our site to function correctly. You can disable these via your browser settings but this site may not function correctly if you do so. We also use optional cookies to collect anonymised visitor statistics to help us identify issues and improve our web site. Our privacy policy